Re: x86/fpu: Don't export __kernel_fpu_{begin,end}()

From: Lukas Wunner
Date: Fri Jan 11 2019 - 00:04:15 EST

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 07:24:13PM +0100, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> My tolerance for ZFS is pretty non-existant. Sun explicitly did not
> want their code to work on Linux, so why would we do extra work to get
> their code to work properly?

ZoL facilitates seamless r/w cross-mounting with macOS, something no
other filesystem allows, and that feature is critical for me to work
on Linux drivers for Mac hardware. Please don't make life harder than
necessary for developers like me. Your "extra work" argument seems
disingenuous to me, Sebastian's patch is causing extra work for
ZFS developers, not the kernel community. The maintenance burden
for the kernel community to retain the export is zero.

I respectfully ask for 12209993e98c to be reverted, or alternatively
amended to keep ZoL working.

Thanks,

Lukas