Re: Future of dosfstools project (FAT)

From: Pali RohÃr
Date: Mon Jan 14 2019 - 10:17:17 EST

On Tuesday 08 January 2019 16:39:04 Richard Weinberger wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 8. Januar 2019, 16:32:55 CET schrieb Andy Shevchenko:

> > > Andreas, can you look at next pull requests?
> >
> > Looking from a side how slow this is being processed I think the best
> > option to fork and abandon the old project if author / maintainer by
> > some reason wouldn't like to give a push rights.
>
> +1

I really do not want to create fork or become new "maintainer" of this
project.

If somebody else want to take project or create fork, I can prepare
patches and send them to new place. But still I would like to see code
review of patches from other people. dosfstools is a project which is
used by lot of people and is de-facto standard for FAT32 Linux support.
So breaking something should be prevented as much as possible.

Richard or Andy, if Andreas really do not have time for dosfstools, what
about you to take maintenance of dosfstools?

--
Pali RohÃr
pali.rohar@xxxxxxxxx