Re: WARNING in apparmor_secid_to_secctx

From: Dmitry Vyukov
Date: Fri Feb 01 2019 - 05:10:00 EST

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 1:23 AM Tetsuo Handa
<penguin-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2019/01/30 23:45, Dmitry Vyukov wrote:
> >> Dmitry, is it possible to update configs for linux-next.git , for
> >> we want to test a big change in LSM which will go to Linux 5.1 ?
> >>
> >> TOMOYO security module (CONFIG_SECURITY_TOMOYO=y) can now coexist with
> >> SELinux/Smack/AppArmor security modules, and SafeSetID security module
> >> (CONFIG_SECURITY_SAFESETID=y) was added. Testing with these modules also
> >> enabled might find something...
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > syzbot configs/cmdline args are stored here:
> > https://github.com/google/syzkaller/tree/master/dashboard/config
> >
> > I've tried to update to the latest kernel, the diff is below.
> > Few questions:
> > 1. How are modules enabled now?
> > We pass security=selinux of security=smack on command line. What do we
> > need to pass now to enable several modules at the same time?
>
> Removing security= parameter from kernel boot command line will do it.
>
> security/apparmor/lsm.c: .flags = LSM_FLAG_LEGACY_MAJOR | LSM_FLAG_EXCLUSIVE,
> security/selinux/hooks.c: .flags = LSM_FLAG_LEGACY_MAJOR | LSM_FLAG_EXCLUSIVE,
> security/smack/smack_lsm.c: .flags = LSM_FLAG_LEGACY_MAJOR | LSM_FLAG_EXCLUSIVE,
> security/tomoyo/tomoyo.c: .flags = LSM_FLAG_LEGACY_MAJOR,
> security/security.c: if ((major->flags & LSM_FLAG_LEGACY_MAJOR) &&
>
> But this means that, if same kernel config/cmdline are used between
> linux-next.git and linux.git (etc.), syzbot will need to choose from
>
> (a) stop sharing kernel cmdline between linux-next.git and linux.git (etc.)
>
> or
>
> (b) stop sharing kernel config between SELinux, Smack and AppArmor
>
> or
>
> (c) start testing after the LSM changes went to linux.git as Linux 5.1-rc1
>
> . Is (a) or (b) possible? If this is a too much change, (c) will be OK.

Thanks for the explanations.

Here is the change that I've come up with:
https://github.com/google/syzkaller/commit/aa53be276dc84aa8b3825b3416542447ff82b41a

I've disabled CONFIG_SECURITY_TOMOYO_OMIT_USERSPACE_LOADER (it
actually looked like omitting a user-space loader that I don't have is
the right thing to do, but okay, it indeed does not with =y).

For now I just enabled TOMOYO and SAFESETID.
I see the problem with making both linux-next and upstream work. If we
use a single config and lsm= cmdline argument, then on upstream all
kernels will use the same module (they won't understand lsm=). But if
we add security= then it will take precedence over lsm= on linux-next,
so we won't get stacked modules.

Let's go with (c) because I don't want an additional long-term maintenance cost.
If I understand it correctly later we will need to replace:
security=selinux
security=smack
security=apparmor

with:
lsm=yama,safesetid,integrity,selinux,tomoyo
lsm=yama,safesetid,integrity,smack,tomoyo
lsm=yama,safesetid,integrity,tomoyo,apparmor