Re: linux-next: Tree for Feb 6 (drivers/edac/skx* and i10nm)

From: Randy Dunlap
Date: Wed Feb 06 2019 - 16:11:30 EST

On 2/5/19 10:00 PM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Changes since 20190205:
>
> The mips tree gained conflicts against the mips-fixes tree.
>
> The opp tree gained a conflict against the pm tree.
>
> The drm-intel tree gained a conflict against the drm tree.
>
> The akpm-current tree gained a conflict against the powerpc-fixes tree.
>
> Non-merge commits (relative to Linus' tree): 5801
> 6493 files changed, 242140 insertions(+), 152493 deletions(-)

> I have created today's linux-next tree at
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git
> (patches at http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/next/ ). If you
> are tracking the linux-next tree using git, you should not use "git pull"
> to do so as that will try to merge the new linux-next release with the
> old one. You should use "git fetch" and checkout or reset to the new
> master.
>
> You can see which trees have been included by looking in the Next/Trees
> file in the source. There are also quilt-import.log and merge.log
> files in the Next directory. Between each merge, the tree was built
> with a ppc64_defconfig for powerpc, an allmodconfig for x86_64, a
> multi_v7_defconfig for arm and a native build of tools/perf. After
> the final fixups (if any), I do an x86_64 modules_install followed by
> builds for x86_64 allnoconfig, powerpc allnoconfig (32 and 64 bit),
> ppc44x_defconfig, allyesconfig and pseries_le_defconfig and i386, sparc
> and sparc64 defconfig. And finally, a simple boot test of the powerpc
> pseries_le_defconfig kernel in qemu (with and without kvm enabled).
>
> Below is a summary of the state of the merge.
>
> I am currently merging 296 trees (counting Linus' and 69 trees of bug
> fix patches pending for the current merge release).
>
> Stats about the size of the tree over time can be seen at
> http://neuling.org/linux-next-size.html .
>
> Status of my local build tests will be at
> http://kisskb.ellerman.id.au/linux-next . If maintainers want to give
> advice about cross compilers/configs that work, we are always open to add
> more builds.
>
> Thanks to Randy Dunlap for doing many randconfig builds. And to Paul
> Gortmaker for triage and bug fixes.

on x86_64:

ld: drivers/edac/skx_common.o: in function `skx_mce_check_error':
skx_common.c:(.text+0x982): undefined reference to `adxl_decode'
ld: drivers/edac/skx_common.o: in function `skx_adxl_get':
skx_common.c:(.init.text+0x11): undefined reference to `adxl_get_component_names'

CONFIG_EDAC_I10NM=y
but CONFIG_EDAC_SKX is not set.
since # CONFIG_ACPI is not set

Should EDAC_I10NM depend on ACPI also?