Re: Realtek r8822be kernel module does not negotiate 802.11ac connection

From: David R. Bergstein
Date: Fri Mar 01 2019 - 17:26:08 EST

Larry,

Thanks for the response and detailed instructions, which allowed me to
build and install the rtw88 kernel module. I cannot however seem to get
my system to actually use the module. Just to recap this is an HP Omen
laptop with secure boot disabled. Upon boot-up both the new rtw88 and
old r8822be modules are loaded. If I unload the r8822be module the wifi
network connection gets terminated, even if I unload/reload the rtw88
module.

Is there something else I should be doing prior to invoking rtw88, e.g.,
blacklisting the old module?

Sincerely,

David R. Bergstein