Re: [RFC] On the Current Troubles of Mainlining Loongson Platform Drivers

From: Maciej W. Rozycki
Date: Fri Mar 08 2019 - 18:56:10 EST

On Thu, 7 Mar 2019, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> > Does your platform use `war_io_reorder_wmb'?
>
> Err... I'm not sure I understand your question.
>
> It uses it in __BUILD_IOPORT_SINGLE within the expanded out function,
> given !barrier, but you already knew that.
>
> Did you mean to ask what war_io_reorder_wmb expand to, or whether there
> are other uses of war_io_reorder_wmb, or what?

Umm, my question was ill-formed, sorry. There's a convoluted history
recorded for that macro in the repo and it could be that it can be removed
now that we have proper barriers in place, except possibly to avoid the
Octeon Errata Core-301 (whatever that is).

Anyway I meant: does `war_io_reorder_wmb' expand to `wmb' on your system?

Maciej