Re: [GIT PULL] UBI/UBIFS updates for 5.1-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Tue Mar 12 2019 - 18:18:46 EST

On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 8:13 AM Richard Weinberger <richard@xxxxxx> wrote:

> git://git.infradead.org/linux-ubifs.git tags/upstream-5.1-rc1

Pulling this thing is taking forever for me. I can _ping_ the site,
but the "git pull" has been hanging for a while.

I really tjhink people need to stop using infradead.org for git
hosting. It really is annoyingly slow.

If you don't have a kernel.org account, use github or gitlab or
something. But use something that isn't excruciatingly slow, ok?

I don't know _why_ infradead.org is so slow, and I don't much care.

It doesn't seem to be due to network issues, because quick look at
things, there's no real network traffic, it's just waiting for the
server to start sending git object information. And git tends to be
good about network bandwidth anyway. But git *does* require some
reasonable server-side resources, and they seem to be lacking in this
case.

Linus