Re: [External] Re: vmscan: Reclaim unevictable pages

From: Michal Hocko
Date: Tue Mar 26 2019 - 05:01:47 EST

[You were asked to use a reasonable quoting several times. This is
really annoying because it turns the email thread into a complete mess]

On Tue 26-03-19 07:53:14, Pankaj Suryawanshi wrote:
> Is there anyone who is familiar with this? Please Comment.

Not really. You are observing an unexpected behavior of the page reclaim
which hasn't changed for quite some time. So I find more probable that
your non-vanilla kernel is doing something unexpected. It would help if
you could track down how does the unevictable page get down to the
reclaim path. I assume this is a CMA page or something like that but
those shouldn't get to the reclaim path AFIR.
--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs