Re: [v5] coccinelle: semantic code search for missing put_device()

From: Masahiro Yamada
Date: Tue Mar 26 2019 - 05:53:08 EST

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 6:06 PM Markus Elfring <Markus.Elfring@xxxxxx> wrote:

> > When I searched "Wen Yang", v6 did not show up for some reasons.
> > https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/project/lkml/list/?series=&submitter=22638&state=*&q=&archive=&delegate=
>
> I find such a situation also interesting somehow.
> I assume that there was another temporary technical difficulty involved
> with the Linux mailing list (and related information systems).

I think v6 fell into a crack somehow.

Check the LKML archive:
https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/2/16

I see your reply:

Re: [v6] coccinelle: semantic code search for missing put_device()Markus Elfring

But, I cannot find the v6 patch itself.

> > So, I just thought v5 was the latest one
> > and I was completely missing the context.
>
> Did any messages for the sixth (and seventh) script version reach you?
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/cocci/201902191014156680299@xxxxxxxxxx/

I use both my corporate email address and Gmail,
and play it by ear.

I see it in my corporate mail box now.
It reached me probably because I subscribe to cocci@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
with my socionext email address.

However, this time I only checked my Gmail box,
which subscribes to linux-kernel ML, but not cocci ML.

I just skimmed over the thread, then
I missed the fact you were giving some comments about v6.

> https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/1553321671-27749-1-git-send-email-wen.yang99@xxxxxxxxxx/

Yes. I see this one.

I will apply it to fixes branch
if nobody sees a problem in it.