Re: [BUG/PATCH 0/4] gpiolib: fix issues with legacy spi-cs-high handling

From: H. Nikolaus Schaller
Date: Mon Apr 01 2019 - 12:59:44 EST

Hi all,

> Am 31.03.2019 um 12:07 schrieb H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> 2018-07-25 07:55:28:
>
> H. Nikolaus Schaller (4):
> DTS: GTA04: SPI / gpiolib: work around a regression that unhides a
> broken legacy handler, which makes the gta04 display inoperable
> REVERT: DTS: GTA04: SPI / gpiolib: no no no, we do not want to "fix"
> our device tree file
> gpiolib: make legacy handling for spi-cs-high optional
> gpiolib: spi-cs-high is checking the wrong node (the controller and
> not the SPI slave device)
>
> drivers/gpio/Kconfig | 8 ++++++++
> drivers/gpio/gpiolib-of.c | 8 +++++---
>
> --
> 2.19.1

I learned just some minutes ago that a new patch for gpiolib
came through 5.1-rc3 which does fix this in almost the same way
as I proposed.

Except that it seems to check for "cs-gpios" and then disable the
legacy handling.

So we do not need to add a config option for this legacy
handling (although I'd prefer to have it anyways to remove
some dead code).

BR and thanks,
Nikolaus