Re: perf: perf_fuzzer crashes on Pentium 4 systems

From: Vince Weaver
Date: Thu Apr 04 2019 - 12:37:25 EST

On Thu, 4 Apr 2019, Cyrill Gorcunov wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 04, 2019 at 09:25:47AM -0400, Vince Weaver wrote:
> >
> > It looks like there are at least two bugs here, one that's a full
> > hardlockup with nothing on serial console. The other is the NULL
> > dereference.

OK, it turns out the hard-lock and the null pointer dereference might be
the same, I have a random seed for the fuzzer from a hard-lock crash that
reproduces and it generated the null pointer crash. (This is with your
patch applied).

I can try to see if I can bisect down to a specific event sequence that
triggers this, but that can be tricky sometimes if things lock up so fast
that the event log doesn't get written out before the crash.

Vince