[PATCH v5 0/5] Add support for drm/rockchip to dynamically control the DDR frequency.
From: GaÃl PORTAY
Date: Thu May 02 2019 - 13:58:47 EST
The rk3399 platform has a DFI controller that can monitor DDR load and a
DMC driver that talks with the TF-A (Trusted Firmware-A) to dynamically
set the DDR frequency with following flow.
kernel Trusted Firmware-A
monitor ddr load
| pass rate to TF-A
clk_set_rate(ddr) --------------------->run ddr dvs flow
<------------------------------end ddr dvs flow
These patches add support for devfreq to dynamically control the DDR
frequency for the gru chromebooks. By default it uses the
'simple_ondemand' governor which can adjust the frequency based on the
Waiting for your feedback.
Note: The RFC and the first patchset contained three patches to sync the
DDR frequency change within the vblank. These patches was submitted
separatly in a dedicated RFC.
Changes in v5:
- [PATCH v4 5/5] Remove use of DRAM setting defines.
Remove new DRAM setting header.
- [PATCH v5 6/6] Remove references of unexistant defines in documentation (new
Changes in v4:
- [PATCH v3 1/5] Add Acked-by: MyungJoo Ham <myungjoo.ham@xxxxxxxxxxx>.
- [PATCH v3 2/5] Add Acked-by: MyungJoo Ham <myungjoo.ham@xxxxxxxxxxx>.
- [PATCH v3 3/5] Add Acked-by: MyungJoo Ham <myungjoo.ham@xxxxxxxxxxx>.
- [PATCH v3 4/5] Remove board related DDR settings (moved to 5/5).
- [PATCH v3 5/5] Add board related DDR settings (moved from 5/5).
Changes in v3:
- [PATCH v2 1/5] Add Signed-off-by: GaÃl PORTAY <gael.portay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>.
- [PATCH v2 2/5] Add Signed-off-by: GaÃl PORTAY <gael.portay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>.
- [PATCH v2 3/5] Add Signed-off-by: GaÃl PORTAY <gael.portay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>.
Move pmu dt parsing after dt-parsing of timings to fix
- [PATCH v2 5/5] Remove display_subsystem nodes.
Changes in v2:
- [PATCH 1/8] Really add Acked-by: Chanwoo Choi <cw00.choi@xxxxxxxxxxx>.
- [PATCH 4/8] Removed from patchset.
- [PATCH 5/8] Removed from patchset.
- [PATCH 6/8] Removed from patchset.
- [PATCH 7/8] Reword the commit message to reflect the removal of
rk3390-dram-default-timing.dts in v1.
- [PATCH 8/8] Move center-supply attribute of dmc node in file
rk3399-gru-chromebook.dtsi (where ppvar_centerlogic is
Changes in v1:
- [RFC 1/10] Add Acked-by: Chanwoo Choi <cw00.choi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- [RFC 1/10] s/Generic/General/ (Robin Murphy)
- [RFC 2/10] Add reviewed and acked tags from Chanwoo Choi and Rob Herring
- [RFC 3/10] Add an explanation for platform SIP calls.
- [RFC 3/10] Change if statement for a switch.
- [RFC 3/10] Rename ddr_flag to odt_enable to be more clear.
- [RFC 4/10] Removed from the series. I did not found a use case where not holding the mutex causes the issue.
- [RFC 7/10] Removed from the series. I did not found a use case where this matters.
- [RFC 8/10] Move rk3399-dram.h to dt-includes.
- [RFC 8/10] Put sdram default values under the dmc node.
- [RFC 8/10] Removed rk3399-dram-default-timing.dts
Enric Balletbo i Serra (3):
devfreq: rockchip-dfi: Move GRF definitions to a common place.
dt-bindings: devfreq: rk3399_dmc: Add rockchip,pmu phandle.
devfreq: rk3399_dmc: Pass ODT and auto power down parameters to TF-A.
GaÃl PORTAY (1):
dt-bindings: devfreq: rk3399_dmc: Remove references of unexistant
Lin Huang (2):
arm64: dts: rk3399: Add dfi and dmc nodes.
arm64: dts: rockchip: Enable dmc and dfi nodes on gru.
.../bindings/devfreq/rk3399_dmc.txt | 75 +++++++++----------
.../dts/rockchip/rk3399-gru-chromebook.dtsi | 4 +
arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3399-gru.dtsi | 45 +++++++++++
.../boot/dts/rockchip/rk3399-op1-opp.dtsi | 29 +++++++
arch/arm64/boot/dts/rockchip/rk3399.dtsi | 19 +++++
drivers/devfreq/event/rockchip-dfi.c | 23 ++----
drivers/devfreq/rk3399_dmc.c | 71 +++++++++++++++++-
include/soc/rockchip/rk3399_grf.h | 21 ++++++
include/soc/rockchip/rockchip_sip.h | 1 +
9 files changed, 232 insertions(+), 56 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 include/soc/rockchip/rk3399_grf.h