Re: [4/5] Coccinelle: put_device: Extend when constraints for twoSmPL ellipses

From: Markus Elfring
Date: Tue May 14 2019 - 05:56:02 EST

> I did another experiment at that time and found that this modification will
> reduce the false positive rate,

Thanks for such feedback.

Will my update suggestion influence the current (or future) software situation?

> but it may also reduce the recall rate.

Would you like to explain this information a bit more?

> Could we use it to find out as many bugs as possible in the current kernel
> and then modify it?

I hope so.

* Will the false positive rate influence change acceptance considerably?

* Would you like to work with source code analysis approaches based on
adjusted confidence settings?

Regards,
Markus