Re: [RFC KVM 24/27] kvm/isolation: KVM page fault handler

From: Alexandre Chartre
Date: Tue May 14 2019 - 11:39:38 EST

On 5/14/19 9:21 AM, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
On Mon, May 13, 2019 at 07:02:30PM -0700, Andy Lutomirski wrote:

This sounds like a great use case for static_call(). PeterZ, do you
suppose we could wire up static_call() with the module infrastructure
to make it easy to do "static_call to such-and-such GPL module symbol
if that symbol is in a loaded module, else nop"?

You're basically asking it to do dynamic linking. And I suppose that is
technically possible.

However, I'm really starting to think kvm (or at least these parts of it
that want to play these games) had better not be a module anymore.

Maybe we can use an atomic notifier (e.g. page_fault_notifier)?

alex.