Re: mm: use down_read_killable for locking mmap_sem in access_remote_vm

From: Konstantin Khlebnikov
Date: Wed May 15 2019 - 04:50:22 EST

On 15.05.2019 11:38, Michal Koutný wrote:
Hi,
making this holder of mmap_sem killable was for the reasons of /proc/...
diagnostics was an idea I was pondeering too. However, I think the
approach of pretending we read 0 bytes is not correct. The API would IMO
need to be extended to allow pass a result such as EINTR to the end
caller.
Why do you think it's safe to return just 0?

This function ignores any error like reading from unmapped area and
returns only size of successful transfer. It never returned any error codes.

Michal