Re: [GIT PULL 1/4] ARM: SoC platform updates

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu May 16 2019 - 11:36:11 EST

On Wed, May 15, 2019 at 11:43 PM Olof Johansson <olof@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> SoC updates, mostly refactorings and cleanups of old legacy platforms.
> Major themes this release:

Hmm. This brings in a new warning:

drivers/clocksource/timer-ixp4xx.c:78:20: warning:
âixp4xx_read_sched_clockâ defined but not used [-Wunused-function]

because that drivers is enabled for build testing, but that function
is only used under

#ifdef CONFIG_ARM
sched_clock_register(ixp4xx_read_sched_clock, 32, timer_freq);
#endif

It's not clear why that #ifdef is there. This driver only builds
non-ARM when COMPILE_TEST is enabled, and that #ifdef actually breaks
that build test.

I'm going to remove that #ifdef in my merge, because I do *not* want
to see new warnings, and it doesn't seem to make any sense.

Maybe that's the wrong resolution, please holler and let me know if
you want something else.

Linus