Re: [A General Question] What should I do after getting Reviewed-by from a maintainer?

From: Randy Dunlap
Date: Fri May 24 2019 - 19:24:48 EST

On 5/22/19 6:17 PM, Gen Zhang wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
> I am starting submitting patches these days and got some patches
> "Reviewed-by" from maintainers. After checking the
> submitting-patches.html, I figured out what "Reviewed-by" means. But I
> didn't get the guidance on what to do after getting "Reviewed-by".
> Am I supposed to send this patch to more maintainers? Or something else?
> Thanks
> Gen

[Yes, I am not Andrew. ;]

Patches should be sent to a maintainer who is responsible for merging
changes for the driver or $arch or subsystem.
And they should also be Cc-ed to the appropriate mailing list(s) and
source code author(s), usually [unless they are no longer active].

Some source files have author email addresses in them.
Or in a kernel git tree, you can use "git log path/to/source/file.c" to see
who has been making & merging patches to that file.c.
Probably the easiest thing to do is run ./scripts/get_maintainer.pl and
it will try to tell you who to send the patch to.

HTH.
--
~Randy