Re: Testing the recent RISC-V DT patchsets

From: Loys Ollivier
Date: Mon Jun 03 2019 - 05:53:40 EST

On Wed 29 May 2019 at 12:25, Troy Benjegerdes <troy.benjegerdes@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On May 29, 2019, at 5:04 AM, Loys Ollivier <lollivier@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I verified the updated DT with upstream kernel for the boot flow OpenSBI
>>> + U-Boot + Linux or OpenSBI + Linux.
>>>
>>> OpenSBI should be compiled for sifive platform with following additional
>>> argument
>>>
>>> FW_PAYLOAD_FDT_PATH=<linux kernel
>>> source>/arch/riscv/boot/dts/sifive/hifive-unleashed-a00.dtb
>>>
>>> FYI: It will only work when kernel is given a payload to U-Boot/OpenSBI
>>> directly.
>>>

>> Hum, I am surprised by this statement.
>> I was able to verify the latest DT patch serie from Paul with:
>> OpenSBI + U-Boot + Linux & DT.
>>
>> Following the OpenSBI documentation [0] with U-Boot payload:
>> FW_PAYLOAD_PATH=<u-boot_build_dir>/u-boot.bin
>>
>> I get an U-Boot prompt and then I can just load the linux kernel and
>> device tree from the network.
>>
>> [0]: https://github.com/riscv/opensbi/blob/master/docs/platform/sifive_fu540.md#building-sifive-fu540-platform
>>

> Could you confirm which git hash of U-boot you are building, and that the .config matches
> the defconfig (or send me the .config you used)?

Sure,

OpenSBI: a6395acd6cb2c35871481d3e4f0beaf449f8c0fd
U-Boot: (origin/master) 344a0e4367d0820b8eb2ea4a90132433e038095f
Kernel: from Paul from this thread [1]

I use the sifive_fu540_defconfig of U-Boot with no additional changes.

[1] https://github.com/sifive/riscv-linux/tree/dev/paulw/dts-v5.2-rc1-experimental

> Iâd like to get everything thatâs working integrated in one place into a freedom-u-sdk test branch.

Let me know the test branch when it's up :)

Loys