Re: hid-related 5.2-rc1 boot hang

From: Benjamin Tissoires
Date: Wed Jun 05 2019 - 08:34:03 EST

On Tue, Jun 4, 2019 at 11:08 PM Jiri Kosina <jikos@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Jun 2019, Benjamin Tissoires wrote:
>
> > > Which should fix this. It is quite simple and safe, so if we get testing
> > > feedback relatively soon, we could go with the fix instead of dropping the
> > > product-id, your call.
> >
> > I should receive the M280 tomorrow, hopefully with the C52F. If the
> > receiver is correct and the tests are successful, I'd prefer to take
> > this one over the revert :)
>
> Agreed at this release phase. And if it doesn't work, immediate revert for
> now and proper fix for 5.3-rc1.

Mouse received, patch tested, patch validated.

Honestly, before fully reviewing the patch, I thought it would be more
5.3 material, but after a thorough review, there is nothing scary in
it and we can safely push it on top of the 5.2 branch.

I'm about to send the other mentioned reverts and push everything in 5.2-fixes

Cheers,
Benjamin