[PATCH v3 0/3] Add PAT9125 optical tracker driver
From: Alexandre Mergnat
Date: Mon Jun 10 2019 - 05:34:32 EST
PixArt Imaging PAT9125 is a miniature low power optical navigation chip
using LASER light source enabling digital surface tracking.
This device driver use IIO API to provide punctual and/or buffered data.
The data could be relative position or delta value, both on X and Y axis,
depend on CPI (Counts Per Inch) resolution setting chosen.
The device support configuration through module parameter interface.
This patchset :
- Update vendor prefix
- Add the bindings for this device
- Add the device driver
- Add directory for optical tracker devices
Change since v1:
- Fix typo
- Rename some defines / variables
- Remove I2C client from driver structure
- Change type of delta_x and delta_y from s16 to s32 to simplify signed
- Add module parameter for axis resolution
- Replace "IIO_MOD_X_AND_Y" by "IIO_MOD_X" and "IIO_MOD_Y"
- Add sign extension macro
- Improve read value algorithm to avoid data loss
- Implement a trigger handler function which can work with any IIO trigger,
independently of it own GPIO IRQ, to match with IIO requirement/behaviour
- Replace iio push event function by iio trigger poll in GPIO IRQ handler
- Use triggered_buffer helpers to replace kfifo use, setup buffer,
implement enable/disable setup buffer operations, IIO trigger allocation
and re-enable operations
- Remove useless "goto"
- Change GPIO IRQ handler from planified thread to IRQ thread
- Change GPIO IRQ trigger from low level and one shot to falling edge
- Add device unregister and buffer cleanup to driver remove function
Change since v2:
- Fix typo
- Add constructor webpage and datasheet in commit message
- Use BIT() macro for define bit mask
- Remove shift from IIO channel spec structure
- Replace IIO_LE by IIO_CPU from IIO channel spec structure
- Replace memcpy() by cast (s32)
- Rename "pat9125_trig_try_reen" to "pat9125_trig_try_reenable"
- Add carriage return (\n) at the end of each "dev_err" function
- Remove "iio_trigger_unregister" in case of "iio_trigger_register" fail,
register function already manage it
- Remove log which print device name in case of successful initialization
- Fix enabled IRQ flag warning during nested IRQ thread
- Improve retry algo now based on status register
- Remove "ts", "motion_detected" and "buffer_mode" from pat9125_data
- Rename all "ot" directories to "position"
- Polling sample through IIO_CHAN_INFO_RAW now return position value
(relative to the position at initialization time) instead of delta
- Clean iio_buffer_setup_ops structure by removing NULL pointer.
- Use devm_iio_ function for all init functions and then delete
- Move device_register at the end of probe function
- Replace MODULE_PARM_DESC by IIO_SCALE to set axis resolution (CPI)
Alexandre Mergnat (3):
dt-bindings: Add pixart vendor
dt-bindings: iio: position: Add docs pat9125
iio: Add PAT9125 optical tracker sensor
.../bindings/iio/position/pat9125.txt | 18 +
.../devicetree/bindings/vendor-prefixes.yaml | 2 +
drivers/iio/Kconfig | 1 +
drivers/iio/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/iio/position/Kconfig | 18 +
drivers/iio/position/Makefile | 6 +
drivers/iio/position/pat9125.c | 499 ++++++++++++++++++
7 files changed, 545 insertions(+)
create mode 100644 Documentation/devicetree/bindings/iio/position/pat9125.txt
create mode 100644 drivers/iio/position/Kconfig
create mode 100644 drivers/iio/position/Makefile
create mode 100644 drivers/iio/position/pat9125.c