Re: dev_pagemap related cleanups

From: Logan Gunthorpe
Date: Thu Jun 13 2019 - 16:29:13 EST

On 2019-06-13 2:21 p.m., Dan Williams wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 13, 2019 at 1:18 PM Logan Gunthorpe <logang@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Hooray!

>>> I just realized this collides with the dev_pagemap release rework in
>>> Andrew's tree (commit ids below are from next.git and are not stable)
>>>
>>> 4422ee8476f0 mm/devm_memremap_pages: fix final page put race
>>> 771f0714d0dc PCI/P2PDMA: track pgmap references per resource, not globally
>>> af37085de906 lib/genalloc: introduce chunk owners
>>> e0047ff8aa77 PCI/P2PDMA: fix the gen_pool_add_virt() failure path
>>> 0315d47d6ae9 mm/devm_memremap_pages: introduce devm_memunmap_pages
>>> 216475c7eaa8 drivers/base/devres: introduce devm_release_action()
>>>
>>> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in tools/testing/nvdimm/test/iomap.c
>>> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in mm/hmm.c
>>> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in kernel/memremap.c
>>> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in include/linux/memremap.h
>>> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/pci/p2pdma.c
>>> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/nvdimm/pmem.c
>>> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/dax/device.c
>>> CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in drivers/dax/dax-private.h
>>>
>>> Perhaps we should pull those out and resend them through hmm.git?
>>
>> Hmm, I've been waiting for those patches to get in for a little while now ;(
>
> Unless Andrew was going to submit as v5.2-rc fixes I think I should
> rebase / submit them on current hmm.git and then throw these cleanups
> from Christoph on top?

Whatever you feel is best. I'm just hoping they get in sooner rather
than later. They do fix a bug after all. Let me know if you want me to
retest the P2PDMA stuff after the rebase.

Thanks,

Logan