[ANNOUNCE] 4.19.50-rt22

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Fri Jun 14 2019 - 20:57:33 EST

Dear RT Folks,

I'm pleased to announce the 4.19.50-rt22 stable release.

This release is just an update to the new stable 4.19.50 version
and no RT specific changes have been made.

*** NOTE ***

The 4.19 stable fixed a "use after free" bug in kernel/irq/manage.c,
which was the use case of implementing a new work queue and removing
the old one. But if the old one was in transit, the data could be used
after it was freed. This was fixed in stable by canceling the work
before freeing it. The problem is that RT uses swork instead of the
normal work queues, and swork does not implement a cancel operation.

I simply kept the bug in as is (no regressions, it will fail just like
it has always done ;-). Then I will need to backport the rt-devel code
which makes it possible to use normal work queues in interrupt context.
But that change was too big for a "stable merge" release.

************

You can get this release via the git tree at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rt/linux-stable-rt.git

branch: v4.19-rt
Head SHA1: 858848641fbecd42437e36adc9291b0ce5db379e

Or to build 4.19.50-rt22 directly, the following patches should be
applied:

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/linux-4.19.tar.xz

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v4.x/patch-4.19.50.xz

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/4.19/patch-4.19.50-rt22.patch.xz