Re: Steam is broken on new kernels

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman
Date: Sat Jun 22 2019 - 03:38:12 EST

On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 10:28:21PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 6:03 PM Pierre-Loup A. Griffais
> <pgriffais@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I applied Eric's path to the tip of the branch and ran that kernel and
> > the bug didn't occur through several logout / login cycles, so things
> > look good at first glance. I'll keep running that kernel and report back
> > if anything crops up in the future, but I believe we're good, beyond
> > getting distros to ship this additional fix.
>
> Good. It's now in my tree, so we can get it quickly into stable and
> then quickly to distributions.
>
> Greg, it's commit b6653b3629e5 ("tcp: refine memory limit test in
> tcp_fragment()"), and I'm building it right now and I'll push it out
> in a couple of minutes assuming nothing odd is going on.

This looks good for 4.19 and 5.1, so I'll push out new stable kernels in
a bit for them.

But for 4.14 and older, we don't have the "hint" to know this is an
outbound going packet and not to apply these checks at that point in
time, so this patch doesn't work.

I'll see if I can figure anything else later this afternoon for those
kernels...

thanks,

greg k-h