[PATCH v5 0/6] add edma2 for i.mx7ulp
From: yibin . gong
Date: Tue Jun 25 2019 - 05:41:49 EST
From: Robin Gong <yibin.gong@xxxxxxx>
This patch set add new version of edma for i.mx7ulp, the main changes
are as belows:
1. only one dmamux.
2. another clock dma_clk except dmamux clk.
3. 16 independent interrupts instead of only one interrupt for
For the first change, need modify fsl-edma-common.c and mcf-edma,
so create the first two patches to prepare without any function impact.
For the third change, need request single irq for every channel with
the legacy handler. But actually 2 dma channels share one interrupt(16
channel interrupts, but 32 channels.),ch0/ch16,ch1/ch17... For now, just
simply request irq without IRQF_SHARED flag, since 16 channels are enough
on i.mx7ulp whose M4 domain own some peripherals.
change from v1:
1. check .data of 'of_device_id' in probe instead of compatible name.
change from v2:
1. move the difference between edma and edma2 into driver data so that
no need version checking in fsl-edma.c.
change from v3:
1. remove duplicated 'version' and 'dmamux_nr' in 'struct fsl_edma_engine'
since they are included in drvdata already.
2. downgrade print log level.
3. address some minor indent issues raised by Vinod.
change from v4:
1. correct typo.
Robin Gong (6):
dmaengine: fsl-edma: add drvdata for fsl-edma
dmaengine: fsl-edma-common: move dmamux register to another single
dmaengine: fsl-edma-common: version check for v2 instead
dt-bindings: dma: fsl-edma: add new i.mx7ulp-edma
dmaengine: fsl-edma: add i.mx7ulp edma2 version support
ARM: dts: imx7ulp: add edma device node
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/dma/fsl-edma.txt | 44 ++++++++-
arch/arm/boot/dts/imx7ulp.dtsi | 28 ++++++
drivers/dma/fsl-edma-common.c | 83 ++++++++++------
drivers/dma/fsl-edma-common.h | 14 ++-
drivers/dma/fsl-edma.c | 109 ++++++++++++++++++---
drivers/dma/mcf-edma.c | 11 ++-
6 files changed, 239 insertions(+), 50 deletions(-)