Re: [LKP] [x86/hotplug] e1056a25da: WARNING:at_arch/x86/kernel/apic/apic.c:#setup_local_APIC

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Thu Jun 27 2019 - 10:26:32 EST

Rong, Fengguang,

On Wed, 26 Jun 2019, Rong Chen wrote:
> On 6/25/19 7:32 PM, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> > > I have tested commit e0b179bc1a ("x86/apic/x2apic: Add conditional IPI
> > > shorthands support"), the problem is still exist.
> > the head of that branch is:
> >
> > 4f3f6d6a7f8e ("x86/apic/x2apic: Add conditional IPI shorthands
> > support")
> >
> > This is WIP and force pushed. There are no incremental changes. Could you
> > please check again?
>
> The problem is still exist.

I went through hoops and loops to get that lkp muck running, but as many
different machines I tried on it never reproduced.

So I need a bit of help from you folks. Can you please provide me:

1) The exact host kernel version
2) The config file
3) The exact kvm-qemu version

Also it would be interesting whether 4f3f6d6a7f8e from that WIP.x86/ipi
branch in tip has the same issue on other host machines.

Another data point would be whether it depends on a particular compiler
version.

Thanks in advance,

tglx

P.S: the instructions for reproducing the issue in that robot mail are
incomplete because there is no information how to bring the module into
that initrd... I somehow figured it out.