Re: [net/tls] Re: KMSAN: uninit-value in aesti_encrypt

From: Eric Biggers
Date: Thu Jun 27 2019 - 15:01:28 EST

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 11:19:51AM -0700, John Fastabend wrote:
> Eric Biggers wrote:
> > [+TLS maintainers]
> >
> > Very likely a net/tls bug, not a crypto bug.
> >
> > Possibly a duplicate of other reports such as "KMSAN: uninit-value in gf128mul_4k_lle (3)"
> >
> > See https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/20190625055019.GD17703@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/ for
> > the list of 17 other open syzbot bugs I've assigned to the TLS subsystem. TLS
> > maintainers, when are you planning to look into these?
> >
> > On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 09:37:05AM -0700, syzbot wrote:
>
> I'm looking at this issue now. There is a series on bpf list now to address
> many of those 17 open issues but this is a separate issue. I can reproduce
> it locally so should have a fix soon.

Okay, great! However, just to clarify, the 17 syzbot bugs I assigned to TLS are
in addition to the 30 I assigned to BPF
(https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/20190624050114.GA30702@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/).
(Well, since I sent that it's actually up to 35 now.)

I do expect most of these are duplicates, so when you are fixing the bugs, it
would be really helpful (for everyone, including you in the future :-) ) if you
would include the corresponding Reported-by syzbot line for *every* syzbot
report you think is addressed, so they get closed.

- Eric