[RESEND PATCHv5 1/2] dt-bindings: coresight: Change CPU phandle to required property
From: Sai Prakash Ranjan
Date: Thu Jul 04 2019 - 05:53:27 EST
Do not assume the affinity to CPU0 if cpu phandle is omitted.
Update the DT binding rules to reflect the same by changing it
to a required property.
Signed-off-by: Sai Prakash Ranjan <saiprakash.ranjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Reviewed-by: Suzuki K Poulose <suzuki.poulose@xxxxxxx>
Tested-by: Mathieu Poirier <mathieu.poirier@xxxxxxxxxx>
Reviewed-by: Mathieu Poirier <mathieu.poirier@xxxxxxxxxx>
.../devicetree/bindings/arm/coresight-cpu-debug.txt | 4 ++--
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/coresight.txt | 8 +++++---
2 files changed, 7 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)
diff --git a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/coresight-cpu-debug.txt b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/coresight-cpu-debug.txt
index 298291211ea4..f1de3247c1b7 100644
@@ -26,8 +26,8 @@ Required properties:
processor core is clocked by the internal CPU clock, so it
is enabled with CPU clock by default.
-- cpu : the CPU phandle the debug module is affined to. When omitted
- the module is considered to belong to CPU0.
+- cpu : the CPU phandle the debug module is affined to. Do not assume it
+ to default to CPU0 if omitted.
diff --git a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/coresight.txt b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/arm/coresight.txt
index 8a88ddebc1a2..fcc3bacfd8bc 100644
@@ -59,6 +59,11 @@ its hardware characteristcs.
* port or ports: see "Graph bindings for Coresight" below.
+* Additional required property for Embedded Trace Macrocell (version 3.x and
+ version 4.x):
+ * cpu: the cpu phandle this ETM/PTM is affined to. Do not
+ assume it to default to CPU0 if omitted.
* Additional required properties for System Trace Macrocells (STM):
* reg: along with the physical base address and length of the register
set as described above, another entry is required to describe the
@@ -87,9 +92,6 @@ its hardware characteristcs.
* arm,cp14: must be present if the system accesses ETM/PTM management
registers via co-processor 14.
- * cpu: the cpu phandle this ETM/PTM is affined to. When omitted the
- source is considered to belong to CPU0.
* Optional property for TMC:
* arm,buffer-size: size of contiguous buffer space for TMC ETR
QUALCOMM INDIA, on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member
of Code Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation