Re: Linux 5.2

From: Bhaskar Chowdhury
Date: Sun Jul 07 2019 - 23:51:07 EST

Well, thanks a bunch Linus :)

On 16:10 Sun 07 Jul , Linus Torvalds wrote:
So I was somewhat pre-disposed towards making an rc8, simply because
of my travels and being entirely off the internet for a few days last
week, and with spotty internet for a few days before that [*].

But there really doesn't seem to be any reason for another rc, since
it's been very quiet. Yes, I had a few pull requests since rc7, but
they were all small, and I had many more that are for the upcoming
merge window. Part of it may be due to the July 4th week, of course,
but whatever - I'll take the quiet week as a good sign.

So despite a fairly late core revert, I don't see any real reason for
another week of rc, and so we have a v5.2 with the normal release
timing.

There's no particular area that stands out there - the changes are so
small that the sppended shortlog really is the best description of
last week. A few small random changes all over: drivers,
architectures, filesystem, mm, ...

So with this, the merge window for 5.2 is open.

Linus

[*] Courtesy of the Ocean Hunter III in Palau.

Because of blurry fish-butt, I don't carry a camera under water any
more, but I guess can point you to some of Dirk's highlights:

https://hohndel.name/palau-2019

---

Alex Deucher (1):
drm/amdgpu/gfx9: use reset default for PA_SC_FIFO_SIZE

Ard Biesheuvel (1):
arm64: kaslr: keep modules inside module region when KASAN is enabled

Arnd Bergmann (2):
soc: ti: fix irq-ti-sci link error
devres: allow const resource arguments

Bartosz Golaszewski (3):
ARM: davinci: da830-evm: add missing regulator constraints for OHCI
ARM: davinci: omapl138-hawk: add missing regulator constraints for OHCI
ARM: davinci: da830-evm: fix GPIO lookup for OHCI

Boris Brezillon (1):
drm/panfrost: Fix a double-free error

Cedric Hombourger (1):
MIPS: have "plain" make calls build dtbs for selected platforms

Chris Wilson (1):
drm/i915/ringbuffer: EMIT_INVALIDATE *before* switch context

Christian Brauner (1):
fork: return proper negative error code

Chuck Lever (1):
svcrdma: Ignore source port when computing DRC hash

Colin Ian King (2):
ALSA: usb-audio: fix sign unintended sign extension on left shifts
ALSA: seq: fix incorrect order of dest_client/dest_ports arguments

Dan Carpenter (1):
dmaengine: jz4780: Fix an endian bug in IRQ handler

Dennis Wassenberg (1):
ALSA: hda/realtek - Change front mic location for Lenovo M710q

Dmitry Korotin (1):
MIPS: Add missing EHB in mtc0 -> mfc0 sequence.

Dmitry Osipenko (1):
i2c: tegra: Add Dmitry as a reviewer

Eiichi Tsukata (1):
tracing/snapshot: Resize spare buffer if size changed

Eric Biggers (3):
vfs: move_mount: reject moving kernel internal mounts
crypto: user - prevent operating on larval algorithms
fs/userfaultfd.c: disable irqs for fault_pending and event locks

Evan Green (1):
ALSA: hda: Fix widget_mutex incomplete protection

Evan Quan (1):
drm/amd/powerplay: use hardware fan control if no powerplay fan table

Frieder Schrempf (1):
mtd: spinand: Fix max_bad_eraseblocks_per_lun info in memorg

Geert Uytterhoeven (1):
fs: VALIDATE_FS_PARSER should default to n

Gerd Hoffmann (1):
drm/virtio: move drm_connector_update_edid_property() call

Greg Kroah-Hartman (1):
blk-mq: fix up placement of debugfs directory of queue files

Hauke Mehrtens (1):
MIPS: Fix bounds check virt_addr_valid

Herbert Xu (1):
lib/mpi: Fix karactx leak in mpi_powm

Jan Kara (1):
dax: Fix xarray entry association for mixed mappings

Jann Horn (1):
ptrace: Fix ->ptracer_cred handling for PTRACE_TRACEME

Jiri Kosina (1):
ftrace/x86: Anotate text_mutex split between
ftrace_arch_code_modify_post_process() and
ftrace_arch_code_modify_prepare()

Joshua Scott (1):
ARM: dts: armada-xp-98dx3236: Switch to armada-38x-uart serial node

Juergen Gross (1):
mm/page_alloc.c: fix regression with deferred struct page init

Kevin Darbyshire-Bryant (1):
MIPS: fix build on non-linux hosts

Linus Torvalds (2):
Revert "mm: page cache: store only head pages in i_pages"
Linux 5.2

Linus Walleij (1):
gpio/spi: Fix spi-gpio regression on active high CS

Liran Alon (2):
KVM: nVMX: Allow restore nested-state to enable eVMCS when vCPU in SMM
KVM: nVMX: Change KVM_STATE_NESTED_EVMCS to signal vmcs12 is
copied from eVMCS

Lucas Stach (1):
drm/etnaviv: add missing failure path to destroy suballoc

Lyude Paul (1):
drm/amdgpu: Don't skip display settings in hwmgr_resume()

Matias Karhumaa (1):
Bluetooth: Fix faulty expression for minimum encryption key size check

Maurizio Lombardi (1):
scsi: iscsi: set auth_protocol back to NULL if CHAP_A value is
not supported

Miquel Raynal (2):
Revert "mtd: rawnand: sunxi: Add A23/A33 DMA support"
mtd: rawnand: sunxi: Add A23/A33 DMA support with extra MBUS configuration

Nathan Chancellor (1):
arm64/efi: Mark __efistub_stext_offset as an absolute symbol explicitly

Oleg Nesterov (1):
swap_readpage(): avoid blk_wake_io_task() if !synchronous

Paolo Bonzini (1):
KVM: x86: degrade WARN to pr_warn_ratelimited

Paul Cercueil (2):
MAINTAINERS: Correct path to moved files
mtd: rawnand: ingenic: Fix ingenic_ecc dependency

Paul Menzel (1):
nfsd: Fix overflow causing non-working mounts on 1 TB machines

Petr Mladek (1):
ftrace/x86: Remove possible deadlock between register_kprobe()
and ftrace_run_update_code()

Richard Sailer (1):
ALSA: hda/realtek: Add quirks for several Clevo notebook barebones

Robert Beckett (2):
drm/imx: notify drm core before sending event during crtc disable
drm/imx: only send event on crtc disable if kept disabled

Robin Gong (1):
dmaengine: imx-sdma: remove BD_INTR for channel0

Roman Bolshakov (1):
scsi: target/iblock: Fix overrun in WRITE SAME emulation

Ronnie Sahlberg (1):
cifs: fix crash querying symlinks stored as reparse-points

Shakeel Butt (1):
mm/vmscan.c: prevent useless kswapd loops

Sricharan R (1):
dmaengine: qcom: bam_dma: Fix completed descriptors count

Stefan Hellermann (1):
MIPS: ath79: fix ar933x uart parity mode

Steven Rostedt (VMware) (1):
ftrace/x86: Add a comment to why we take text_mutex in
ftrace_arch_code_modify_prepare()

Sven Van Asbroeck (1):
dmaengine: imx-sdma: fix use-after-free on probe error path

Takashi Iwai (1):
ALSA: line6: Fix write on zero-sized buffer

Takashi Sakamoto (1):
ALSA: firewire-lib/fireworks: fix miss detection of received MIDI messages

Takeshi Misawa (1):
tracing: Fix memory leak in tracing_err_log_open()

Vincent Whitchurch (1):
crypto: cryptd - Fix skcipher instance memory leak

Wanpeng Li (1):
KVM: LAPIC: Fix pending interrupt in IRR blocked by software disable LAPIC

Zhang Lei (1):
KVM: arm64/sve: Fix vq_present() macro to yield a bool