Re: [GIT PULL] x86/topology changes for v5.3

From: Thomas Gleixner
Date: Tue Jul 09 2019 - 19:00:42 EST

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Jul 2019, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > I also don't have any logs, because the boot never gets far enough. I
> > assume that there was a problem bringing up a non-boot CPU, and the
> > eventual hang ends up being due to that.
>
> Hrm. I just build the tip of your tree and bootet it. It hangs at:
>
> [ 4.788678] ACPI: 4 ACPI AML tables successfully acquired and loaded
> [ 4.793860] ACPI: [Firmware Bug]: BIOS _OSI(Linux) query ignored
> [ 4.821476] ACPI: Dynamic OEM Table Load:
>
> That's way after the secondary CPUs have been brought up. tip/master boots
> without problems with the same config. Let me try x86/asm alone and also a
> revert of the CR4/CR0 stuff.

x86/asm works alone

revert of cr4/0 pinning on top of your tree gets stuck as well

> And while writing this the softlockup detector muttered:

Have not yet fully bisected it, but Jiri did and he ended up with

c522ad0637ca ("ACPICA: Update table load object initialization")

Reverting that on top of your tree makes it work again. Tony has the same
issue.

That still does not explain the cr4/0 issue you have. Can you send me your
.config please?

Thanks,

tglx