Re: [RFC v2 02/26] mm/asi: Abort isolation on interrupt, exception and context switch

From: Alexandre Chartre
Date: Fri Jul 12 2019 - 03:51:15 EST

On 7/12/19 2:05 AM, Andy Lutomirski wrote:

On Jul 11, 2019, at 8:25 AM, Alexandre Chartre <alexandre.chartre@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Address space isolation should be aborted if there is an interrupt,
an exception or a context switch. Interrupt/exception handlers and
context switch code need to run with the full kernel address space.
Address space isolation is aborted by restoring the original CR3
value used before entering address space isolation.

NAK to the entry changes. That code youâre changing is already known
to be a bit buggy, and itâs spaghetti. PeterZ and I are gradually
working on fixing some bugs and C-ifying it. ASI can go on top.

Agree this is spaghetti and I will be happy to move ASI on top. I will keep
an eye for your changes, and I will change the ASI code accordingly.

Thanks,

alex.