Re: [Regression] 5.3-rc1: hid_llogitech_dj does not work

From: Hans de Goede
Date: Thu Jul 25 2019 - 14:07:52 EST

Hi Rafael,

On 25-07-19 12:07, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
Hi Hans,

This is similar to a problem I reported some time ago:

https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/2268131.Lc39eCoc3j@kreacher/

and the device affected by it is the same.

The symptom is simply that the mouse just doesn't work (no reaction). If I do
"rmmod hid_llogitech_dj", it says "Killed", but the module does go away and
the mouse starts to work (through the generic code I suppose), but then
the machine hangs on attempts to suspend (nasty).

Reverting all of the hid_llogitech_dj changes between 5.2 and 5.3-rc1:

dbcbabf7da92 HID: logitech-dj: fix return value of logi_dj_recv_query_hidpp_devices
39d21e7e0043 HID: logitech-dj: make const array template static
423dfbc362b7 HID: logitech-dj: Add usb-id for the 27MHz MX3000 receiver

helps here, but the first two don't really look like they can make any difference,
so I guess I'm an unlucky owner of a MX3000 that doesn't quite work as expected.

Any help will be appreciated. :-)

Actually we received another bug report about this and the reporter there
has come up with a patch with points to

dbcbabf7da92 HID: logitech-dj: fix return value of logi_dj_recv_query_hidpp_devices

Being the culprit, can you try just reverting that one?

I will take a closer look at this soonish.

Thank & Regards,

Hans