Re: [RFC 1/1] edac: Add a counter parameter for edac_device_handle_ue/ce()

From: Hawa, Hanna
Date: Thu Aug 01 2019 - 10:31:17 EST

On 8/1/2019 5:17 PM, Robert Richter wrote:
Don't you think it'll be confused to have different APIs between EDAC_MC and
EDAC_DEVICE?
(in MC the count passed as part of edac_mc_handle_error())
I don't think edac_mc_handle_error() with 11 function arguments is a
good reference for somethin we want to adopt. For the majority of
drivers you just introduce another useless argument with the following
pattern:

edac_device_handle_ce(edac_dev, 1, 0, 0, edac_dev_name);

IMO, the api should be improved when touching it.

Got it, I'll update the patch as you suggested.

Thanks,
Hanna

-Robert