Re: hmm cleanups, v2

From: Jason Gunthorpe
Date: Wed Aug 07 2019 - 14:17:45 EST

On Tue, Aug 06, 2019 at 07:05:38PM +0300, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> Hi JÃrÃme, Ben, Felix and Jason,
>
> below is a series against the hmm tree which cleans up various minor
> bits and allows HMM_MIRROR to be built on all architectures.
>
> Diffstat:

> A git tree is also available at:
>
> git://git.infradead.org/users/hch/misc.git hmm-cleanups.2
>
> Gitweb:
>
> http://git.infradead.org/users/hch/misc.git/shortlog/refs/heads/hmm-cleanups.2
>
> Changes since v1:
> - fix the cover letter subject
> - improve various patch descriptions
> - use svmm->mm in nouveau_range_fault
> - inverse the hmask field when using it
> - select HMM_MIRROR instead of making it a user visible option

I think it is straightforward enough to move into -next, so applied to
the hmm.git lets get some more reviewed-bys/tested-by though.

For now I dropped 'remove the pgmap field from struct hmm_vma_walk'
just to hear the followup and 'amdgpu: remove
CONFIG_DRM_AMDGPU_USERPTR' until the AMD team Acks

Thanks,
Jason