Re: [alsa-devel] Regression in next with codec unload and snd_soc_component_get/put

From: Takashi Iwai
Date: Fri Aug 09 2019 - 03:25:15 EST

On Fri, 09 Aug 2019 09:00:03 +0200,
Tony Lindgren wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Looks like commit 4a81e8f30d0b ("ASoC: soc-component: add
> snd_soc_component_get/put()") causes a regression where trying
> to rmmod a codec driver fails with module is in use error after
> rmmod of snd-soc-audio-graph-card for example.
>
> Any ideas what goes wrong there?

There is an obvious typo: soc_cleanup_component() should call
snd_soc_component_module_put_when_remove() instead of *_close().

And the module_get_upon_open boolean switch is a bit hard to
understand. Maybe using enum would be simpler there.

> BTW, looks like the lore.kernel.org link in that commit also is
> unreachable?

It's because alsa-devel ML isn't tracked on lore.kernel.org,
unfortunately.

Jaroslav, I asked this already. Shall we ask lore to track alsa-devel
ML?
https://korg.wiki.kernel.org/userdoc/lore

thanks,

Takashi