[PATCH v2 1/2] dt-bindings: drm: bridge: adv7511: Add ADV7535 support
From: Bogdan Togorean
Date: Fri Aug 09 2019 - 10:17:41 EST
ADV7535 is a part compatible with ADV7533 but it supports 1080p@60hz and
v1p2 supply is fixed to 1.8V
Signed-off-by: Bogdan Togorean <bogdan.togorean@xxxxxxxxxx>
.../bindings/display/bridge/adi,adv7511.txt | 23 ++++++++++---------
1 file changed, 12 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)
diff --git a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/display/bridge/adi,adv7511.txt b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/display/bridge/adi,adv7511.txt
index 2c887536258c..e8ddec5d9d91 100644
@@ -1,10 +1,10 @@
-Analog Device ADV7511(W)/13/33 HDMI Encoders
+Analog Device ADV7511(W)/13/33/35 HDMI Encoders
-The ADV7511, ADV7511W, ADV7513 and ADV7533 are HDMI audio and video transmitters
-compatible with HDMI 1.4 and DVI 1.0. They support color space conversion,
-S/PDIF, CEC and HDCP. ADV7533 supports the DSI interface for input pixels, while
-the others support RGB interface.
+The ADV7511, ADV7511W, ADV7513, ADV7533 and ADV7535 are HDMI audio and video
+transmitters compatible with HDMI 1.4 and DVI 1.0. They support color space
+conversion, S/PDIF, CEC and HDCP. ADV7533/5 supports the DSI interface for input
+pixels, while the others support RGB interface.
@@ -13,6 +13,7 @@ Required properties:
- reg: I2C slave addresses
The ADV7511 internal registers are split into four pages exposed through
@@ -52,14 +53,14 @@ The following input format properties are required except in "rgb 1x" and
- bgvdd-supply: A 1.8V supply that powers up the BGVDD pin. This is
needed only for ADV7511.
-The following properties are required for ADV7533:
+The following properties are required for ADV7533 and ADV7535:
- adi,dsi-lanes: Number of DSI data lanes connected to the DSI host. It should
be one of 1, 2, 3 or 4.
- a2vdd-supply: 1.8V supply that powers up the A2VDD pin on the chip.
- v3p3-supply: A 3.3V supply that powers up the V3P3 pin on the chip.
- v1p2-supply: A supply that powers up the V1P2 pin on the chip. It can be
- either 1.2V or 1.8V.
+ either 1.2V or 1.8V for ADV7533 but only 1.8V for ADV7535.
@@ -71,9 +72,9 @@ Optional properties:
- adi,embedded-sync: The input uses synchronization signals embedded in the
data stream (similar to BT.656). Defaults to separate H/V synchronization
-- adi,disable-timing-generator: Only for ADV7533. Disables the internal timing
- generator. The chip will rely on the sync signals in the DSI data lanes,
- rather than generate its own timings for HDMI output.
+- adi,disable-timing-generator: Only for ADV7533 and ADV7535. Disables the
+ internal timing generator. The chip will rely on the sync signals in the
+ DSI data lanes, rather than generate its own timings for HDMI output.
- clocks: from common clock binding: reference to the CEC clock.
- clock-names: from common clock binding: must be "cec".
- reg-names : Names of maps with programmable addresses.
@@ -85,7 +86,7 @@ Required nodes:
The ADV7511 has two video ports. Their connections are modelled using the OF
graph bindings specified in Documentation/devicetree/bindings/graph.txt.
-- Video port 0 for the RGB, YUV or DSI input. In the case of ADV7533, the
+- Video port 0 for the RGB, YUV or DSI input. In the case of ADV7533/5, the
remote endpoint phandle should be a reference to a valid mipi_dsi_host device
- Video port 1 for the HDMI output