[PATCH v3 0/3] software node: Introduce software_node_find_by_name()

From: Heikki Krogerus
Date: Mon Aug 19 2019 - 06:07:29 EST


There was still one bug spotted by Andy in v2. The role switch node
was not removed in case of an error (patch 2/3). It is now fixed.

The cover letter from v2:

This is the second version of this series where I'm introducing that

Hans and Andy! Because of the changes I made to patch 2/3, I'm not
carrying your reviewed-by tags in it. I would appreciate if you
could take another look at that patch.

I added a note to the kernel-doc comment in patch 1/3 that the caller
of the helper function needs to release the ref count after use as
proposed by Andy.

In patch 2/3, since we have to now modify the role switch descriptor,
I'm filling the structure in stack memory and removing the constant
static version. The content of the descriptor is copied during switch
registration in any case, so we don't need to store it in the driver.

I also noticed a bug in 2/3. I never properly destroyed the software
node when the mux was removed. That leak is now also fixed.


Heikki Krogerus (3):
software node: Add software_node_find_by_name()
usb: roles: intel_xhci: Supplying software node for the role mux
platform/x86: intel_cht_int33fe: Use new API to gain access to the
role switch

drivers/base/swnode.c | 37 ++++++++++++
drivers/platform/x86/intel_cht_int33fe.c | 57 ++++---------------
.../usb/roles/intel-xhci-usb-role-switch.c | 27 ++++++---
include/linux/property.h | 4 ++
4 files changed, 71 insertions(+), 54 deletions(-)