Re: [GIT PULL] arm64: Second round of fixes for -rc2

From: Will Deacon
Date: Tue Aug 20 2019 - 05:37:15 EST

On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 11:14:02AM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Only tangentially relevant to this pull request:
>
> On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 10:44 AM Will Deacon <will.deacon@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > - Add workaround for Cortex-A76 CPU erratum #1463225
> > - Handle Cortex-A76/Neoverse-N1 erratum #1418040 w/ existing workaround
>
> could you perhaps talk to somebody inside ARM about making the errata
> documentation publicly available?
>
> I'm not sure why it seems to want an account at arm.com, and as a
> result some pretty fundamental development tools ("let me google
> that") don't work.

Thanks to the tech comms folks at Arm, this should now be available and
work is ongoing to open up more of the documentation too.

For example, the A76 SDEN is here:

https://static.docs.arm.com/sden885749/d/Arm_Cortex-A76_MP052_Software_Developer_Errata_Notice_v16.0.pdf

and if you hammer "cortex a76 1463225" into google, then it shows up
after the Linux hits.

Will