Re: PROBLEM: 5.3.0-rc* causes iwlwifi failure

From: Luciano Coelho
Date: Tue Aug 20 2019 - 06:45:42 EST

On Sat, 2019-08-17 at 17:44 -0400, Stuart Little wrote:
> After some private coaching from Serge Belyshev on git-revert I can
> confirm that reverting that commit atop the current tree resolves the
> issue (the wifi card scans for and finds networks just fine, no dmesg
> errors reported, etc.).

Sorry for the delay in responding, I had to go and dig in our FW
sources to see what was going on.

Unfortunately when this feature was implemented in the FW, we forgot to
add the usual flag (capabilities TLV) that we add to let the driver
know whether the command is supported or not. So we need to match on
the FW version instead, but apparently that doesn't work for all
different NICs.

I'll have to look into all NIC/FW-version combinations that we have and
update the iwl_mvm_sar_geo_support() function accordingly, which is,
BTW, the easier place for you to change if you want to workaround the
issue.

--
Cheers,
Luca.