Re: Kernel 5.2.8 - au0828 - Tuner Is Busy

From: shuah
Date: Tue Aug 20 2019 - 09:57:24 EST

On 8/20/19 12:58 AM, Nathan Royce wrote:
While your mention of quirks-table.h certainly had possibilities, I'm
afraid adding the "AU0828_DEVICE(0x05e1, 0x0400, "Hauppauge",
"Woodbury")," entry for my tuner did not make any difference regarding
the "Tuner is busy. Error -19" message.

I don't know if this means anything, but I see
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/97726/ from 2010 which contains
changes for the 0x0400 model. I guess it never got pulled in.

Really, it's fine for me just to hang back at v5.1 for a year or two
until ATSC 3.0 USB tuners come out at a reasonable price.

Hi Nathan,

The tuner busy error code is ENODEV. It appears some devices aren't
created on your system. Would it be possible for you to send me your
config and a complete dmesg.

I am curious if /dev/media0 or /dev/media1 present on your system.
Not having this could explain the ENODEV you are seeing.

thanks,
-- Shuah