Re: [ANNOUNCE] v5.2.9-rt3

From: Alexandre Belloni
Date: Wed Aug 21 2019 - 10:58:42 EST

On 21/08/2019 16:42:30+0200, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
> On 2019-08-21 16:21:10 [+0200], Alexandre Belloni wrote:
> > I'm not sure it is worth it as the issue is introduced by
> > clocksource-tclib-allow-higher-clockrates.patch. Shouldn't we fix it
> > directly?
>
> you want to get rid of CONFIG_ATMEL_TCB_CLKSRC_USE_SLOW_CLOCK and use
> the highest possible frequency by default?

No, I meant the issue fixed by clocksource-tclib-add-proper-depend.patch
is introduced by clocksource-tclib-allow-higher-clockrates.patch so I
would think fixing clocksource-tclib-allow-higher-clockrates.patch is
preferable than having a separate patch.

But maybe you meant you wanted a patch to fix
clocksource-tclib-allow-higher-clockrates.patch

Hopefully, one day we will have a solution for that upstream (i.e. being
able to configure the clocksource and clockevent resolutions).

--
Alexandre Belloni, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering