Re: linux-next: Tree for Aug 27 (kunit)

From: shuah
Date: Tue Aug 27 2019 - 12:12:48 EST

On 8/27/19 10:09 AM, Brendan Higgins wrote:
On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 8:29 AM Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 8/27/19 2:05 AM, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
Hi all,

Changes since 20190826:

on i386:
# CONFIG_PRINTK is not set

../kunit/test.c: In function âkunit_vprintk_emitâ:
../kunit/test.c:21:9: error: implicit declaration of function âvprintk_emitâ; did you mean âvprintkâ? [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration]
return vprintk_emit(0, level, NULL, 0, fmt, args);
^~~~~~~~~~~~
vprintk

Thanks Randy for catching this.

Ooops, it never occurred to me to test the situation where I wouldn't
be able to see test results :-)

It seems to me that the right thing to do here is to do what
dev_printk and friends do and to ifdef this out if CONFIG_PRINTK is
unavailable. Does that seem reasonable?
> Also, do you want me to resend my patches with the fix or do you want
me to send a new patch with this fix? (Sorry for the newbie question.)

Brendan,

I would like to apply the fix on top of the series. I don't want to
revert.

thanks,
-- Shuah