Re: Thunderbolt DP oddity on v5.2.9 on iMac 12,2

From: Brad Campbell
Date: Wed Aug 28 2019 - 05:34:20 EST

On 28/8/19 5:12 pm, Brad Campbell wrote:
On 28/8/19 3:33 pm, Mika Westerberg wrote:

I'm suspecting that the boot firmware does configure second DP path also
and we either fail to discover it properly or the boot firmware fails to
set it up.

Also if you boot with one monitor connected and then connect another
(when the system is up) does it work then?

Umm.. so this is where it gets weird. No it doesn't. Apparently it fails to configure the first monitor it finds. This is the one the Apple bootcamp firmware configures at boot.

Ok just to clarify it appears I've been booting EFI and bypassing the Bootcamp BIOS emulation for a few years. So, that made no difference.