RE: Alps touchpad generates IRQ storm after S3

From: Mario.Limonciello
Date: Wed Aug 28 2019 - 09:25:38 EST

KH,

Just make sure I understand details.

> Commit "HID: i2c-hid: Don't reset device upon system resume

If you revert this it's fixed on this system?

In that commit you had mentioned if this causes problems it might be worth
quirking just Raydium but commit afbb1169ed5b58cfca017e368b53e019cf285853
confirmed that it helped several other systems too.

If the conclusion from this investigation this is only fixable via touchpad FW update
it might be worth quirking this touchpad/touchpad FW/system combination.

> Also Cc Mario because this could relate to BIOS.

Also I assume this is on current stable BIOS/EC release, right?

Thanks,