Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections -- voting procedures

From: Laura Abbott
Date: Tue Sep 03 2019 - 07:13:41 EST

Hi,

On behalf of the Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board (TAB), I'd like to
take this opportunity to announce the voting procedures for the 2019 TAB
elections. As was announced[1], this year we are moving to electronic voting.

Everyone who is registered for kernel summit (co-located with Linux Plumbers
Conference in Lisbon this year) by September 8th 2019 is eligible to vote in
this year's TAB elections. This includes everyone registered for Plumbers and
Maintainers summit. All eligible voters will receive a link from
Condorcet Internet Voting Service (https://civs.cs.cornell.edu) by the
start of the first Plumbers session (September 9th 10am UTC+1). The voting
will run until September 11th at 10am UTC+1.

The list of all candidates and their platform is available at the following
Google doc

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E3_W1c-xJMx9o2PCnKiGt3vqs-mPh77yNO4GSqNipOQ/edit?usp=sharing

We will also be hosting an open TAB session at Plumbers on Monday
September 9th at 18:30. A more detailed FAQ about voting procedures is
below.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to
tab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx .

Thanks,
Laura

P.S. Please consider this a reminder to send in your TAB nominations!

[1] https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/ksummit-discuss/2019-July/006582.html

---

Q: Why are we making this change?
A: As explained in the previous announcement,
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/ksummit-discuss/2019-July/006582.html
In person voting has a number of limitations. We'd like to move to electronic
voting with the objective of giving more members of our community a voice in
the membership of the TAB

Q: Who is eligible to vote?