Re: Regression in 5.1.20: Reading long directory fails

From: Jason L Tibbitts III
Date: Tue Sep 03 2019 - 15:06:55 EST

WW> What filesystem do you use on the server? xfs?

Yeah, it's XFS.

WW> If yes, does it use 64bit inodes (or started to use them)?

These filesystems aren't super old, and were all created with the
default RHEL7 options. I'm not sure how to check that 64 bit inodes are
being used, though. xfs_info says:

meta-data=/dev/mapper/nas-faculty--08 isize=256 agcount=4, agsize=3276800 blks
= sectsz=512 attr=2, projid32bit=1
= crc=0 finobt=0 spinodes=0
data = bsize=4096 blocks=13107200, imaxpct=25
= sunit=0 swidth=0 blks
naming =version 2 bsize=4096 ascii-ci=0 ftype=0
log =internal bsize=4096 blocks=6400, version=2
= sectsz=512 sunit=0 blks, lazy-count=1
realtime =none extsz=4096 blocks=0, rtextents=0

WW> Do you set a fsid when you export the filesystem?

I have never done so on any server.

And note that the servers are basically unchanged for quite some time,
while the problem I'm having is new. I want to find some server-related
cause for this but so far I haven't been able to do so. It seems my
best option now seems to be to migrate all data off of this server and
then wipe, reinstall and see if the problem reoccurs.

- J<