Re: [0/2] net: dsa: vsc73xx: Adjustments for vsc73xx_platform_probe()

From: Florian Fainelli
Date: Fri Sep 20 2019 - 12:37:04 EST

On 9/20/19 8:30 AM, Markus Elfring wrote:
>> netdev is closed at the moment for patch.
>
> I wonder about this information.

This is covered here:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/networking/netdev-FAQ.rst#n40

and you can skip the reading and check this URL:

http://vger.kernel.org/~davem/net-next.html

>> Please repost once it reopens, in about 2 weeks time.
>
> I hope that the presented change possibilities can be integrated
> in the near future also without a repetition of this small patch series.
> https://lore.kernel.org/patchwork/project/lkml/list/?series=411271

You will have to resend it, and unless a bug fix comes in, which would
be the only reason for your changes not to be "current" anymore, then it
should apply as-is and you should be fine.
--
Florian