Re: [GIT PULL] Kselftest update for Linux 5.4-rc1

From: Shuah Khan
Date: Fri Sep 20 2019 - 14:06:43 EST

On 9/20/19 10:51 AM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 9:35 AM Brendan Higgins
<brendanhiggins@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sorry about that. I am surprised that none of the other reviewers
brought this up.

I think I'm "special".

There was some other similar change a few years ago, which I
absolutely hated because of how it broke autocomplete for me. Very few
other people seemed to react to it.

Part of it may be that the kernel is almost the _only_ project I work
with, so unlike a lot of other developers, I end up having muscle
memory for kernel-specific issues.

Auto-completion was also one of the (many) reasons why I hated CVS -
having that annoying "CVS" directory there just always annoyed me.
There's a reason why git uses a dot-file.

So I just have issues that perhaps other people don't react to as
much. And aggressive tab-completion happens to be a thing for me.

Thanks for explaining. Brendan and I will get this sorted out.

Looks like my previous response didn't make it to the kselftest
and kernel lists.

thanks,
-- Shuah