Re: EDAC: Armada XP: Use devm_platform_ioremap_resource() in two functions

From: Markus Elfring
Date: Mon Sep 23 2019 - 05:26:14 EST

> Which semantic patch did you use here?

I suggest to take another look at details around background information
on a subject like âCoccinelle: api: add devm_platform_ioremap_resource scriptâ.
https://lore.kernel.org/r/2cacd712-a8b8-6471-a9b4-23ba54434c02@xxxxxx/
https://systeme.lip6.fr/pipermail/cocci/2019-September/006303.html
https://lkml.org/lkml/2019/9/19/81

> There are probably more drivers to fix than the above and the one you fixed:

Yes, of course.

I concentrated my update suggestions on a specific source code
transformation variant recently.

> So while at it, how about fixing the .cocci patch in scripts/ and run
> it for drivers/edac?

Some developers are trying to improve affected software components further.
Did you eventually receive similar patches already by other contributors?

> There should be one patch only for all edac drivers.

Is there consensus for this kind of change expectation?

Regards,
Markus