acer_wmi: Unknown function(s) on Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-43-R8BF)

From: Gabriel C
Date: Mon Sep 23 2019 - 15:45:39 EST

Hi guys,

I noticed some warning in dmesg on this Laptop.

Fn+right, Fn+left is BrightnessDown/Up and produce the following warning:

acer_wmi: Unknown function number - 4 - 0

The brightness has some other issue on this Laptop but not sure
who to blame on this. Probably amdgpu.?

/sys/class/backlight/amdgpu_bl1/brightness <-> actual_brightness
seems to mismatch. EG: when brightness is 0 actual_brightness is still 5140.

Unplugging the AC gives the following warning:

acer_wmi: Unknown function number - 8 - 0

When plugging the AC back I see;

acer_wmi: Unknown function number - 8 - 1.

I uploaded a dump of the acpi tables and dmidecode of the box.

https://www.frugalware.org/~crazy/nitro5/ACPI
https://www.frugalware.org/~crazy/nitro5/DMI

Please let me know if you need any other informations.

Best Regards,

Gabriel C