Re: [GIT PULL] nfsd changes for 5.4

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Sep 27 2019 - 18:44:24 EST

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 1:08 PM J. Bruce Fields <bfields@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please pull nfsd changes from:
>
> git://linux-nfs.org/~bfields/linux.git tags/nfsd-5.4

Hmm. I styarted to pull, but then realized that the description
doesn't match the content at all.

You say:

> Highlights:
>
> - add a new knfsd file cache, so that we don't have to open and
> close on each (NFSv2/v3) READ or WRITE. This can speed up
> read and write in some cases. It also replaces our readahead
> cache.
> - Prevent silent data loss on write errors, by treating write
> errors like server reboots for the purposes of write caching,
> thus forcing clients to resend their writes.
> - Tweak the code that allocates sessions to be more forgiving,
> so that NFSv4.1 mounts are less likely to hang when a server
> already has a lot of clients.
> - Eliminate an arbitrary limit on NFSv4 ACL sizes; they should
> now be limited only by the backend filesystem and the
> maximum RPC size.
> - Allow the server to enforce use of the correct kerberos
> credentials when a client reclaims state after a reboot.
>
> And some miscellaneous smaller bugfixes and cleanup.

But then the actual code is just one single small commit:

> Dave Wysochanski (1):
> SUNRPC: Track writers of the 'channel' file to improve cache_listeners_exist

which doesn't actually match any of the things your description says
should be there.

So I undid my pull - either the description is completely wrong, or
you tagged the wrong commit.

Please double-check,

Linus